Friday, July 18, 2008

First Day of Thanksgiving Novena to St Anne

**EDITING TO ADD: AT THE END OF EACH DAILY NOVENA PRAYER IS THE LINK TO THE NEXT DAY'S NOVENA PRAYER, SO YOU CAN FOLLOW THE LINKS RIGHT THROUGH TO DAY NINE OF THIS NOVENA.

St. Anne Novena Prayer

Glorious St. Anne, filled with compassion for those who invoke you, with love for those who suffer, heavily laden with the weight of my troubles, I knee at your feet and humbly beg you to take my present need under your special protection. Request Vouchsafe to recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and lay it before the throne of Jesus. ease not to intercede for me until my request is granted. Above all, obtain for me the grace to one day meet God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the angels and saints praising Him through all eternity. Amen.

DAY ONE

Great Saint Anne, engrave indelibly on my heart and in my mind the words that have reclaimed and sanctified so many sinners: "What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world if he lose his own soul?" May this be the principle fruit of these prayers by which I will strive to honor you during this novena. At your feet renew my resolution to invoke you daily, not only for the success of my temporal affairs and to be preserved from sickness and suffering, but above all, that I may be preserved from all sin. That I may succeed in working out my eternal salvation and that I will receive the special grace of. request O most powerful Saint Anne, do not let me lose my soul, but obtain for me the grace of winning my way to Heaven, there with you, you blessed spouse, and your glorious daughter, to sing the praise of the most holy and adorable Trinity forever and ever. Amen.

Pray 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary, and 1 Glory Be....
Pray for us, Saint Anne.That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Second Day of the Novena.


Just a daily reminder for those who may not seen the St Anne Chaplet, I wish to give-away for St Anne's feast (26th of July.)

No comments: