Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13 - The Miracle of the Sun

We are really trying to work out using our 'mini altar' for some of the feasts. Today is the Fatima day, when the miracle of the Sun took place.

Our main marian statue in the home is Our Lady of Fatima, so we carefully moved her over to the mini altar and place some voile around her base with some of the flowers in our mary garden (the vase is hidden beneath the voile material) then we hung a blue pillowcase on the picture behind and stuck up the children's craft!

What they made was the sun in the full height of the miracle, when it threw of multi-colours all through the sky and upon the earth. We traced a sun with cake tin and drew rays all around.

One of my dd's cut it all out. We had lots of scrap pieces of coloured paper and they were cut into squares ready to go. All the children took in turn gluing on the colours on the main part of the sun.

Then they were ready for the rays, the left over squares of colour were then cut down into much smaller pieces, they then enjoyed gluing on these squares all over the rays!

All done, lots of fun and ready to hang!!

Tonight we plan to watch the movie The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima, I KNOW I'm going cry AGAIN at the miracle of the sun scene!!


Here is our Miracle of the Sun cake, pop on over to Catholic Cuisine to see how I made it.


4 comments:

Therese said...

oh the cake looks delicious but the link isn't working Annie.

Anne (aussieannie) said...

Thanks for the heads up Therese, I've fixed that link now!

Anonymous said...

Oh that cake looks so scrumpcious Anne ! I am just to sick to make it .
our little Adventure Boy has a devotion to Fatima . I'd love to make him the cake , maybe tomorrow .
hope all is well
lov rox

Mary Vitamin (Helen) said...

I love the Fatima project and cake Anne.
Did I leave you a comment on your Pilar post? I meant too.
Lovd that one too!!