Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Praying the Rosary ~ The Glorious Mysteries

The Institution of the Rosary by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo 1739

Here is the final of my four part 'October' rosary series.

Here are my previous postings:





I am finally getting this post up in the midst of very busy times revamping all my rosary images (20 images for each mystery, placed into groups of 5).

As I mentioned in my previous post, this has been a HUGH blessing for us whilst reciting the daily rosary. It is so wonderfully meditative to say the rosary in the evening, all the lights off except a lamp or candle near Our Lady's statue, underneath her altar is our large TV screen, which also acts as a large computer screen. On the screen we have our rosary images on slideshow, there are five images to a mystery and there is a 20 second gap between images, allowing two Hail Mary's to be recited.

What I've discovered with continual use of the images is that some of the folders have images that are not so beautiful as others, so it set me on a 24hour marathon in searching and collecting images from the net, doing a far more thorough look, using every word combination I could think of when looking for certain images. It bore good fruit. What I now have is 20 exceptionally beautiful images for each mystery, EVERY folder of images are spectacular! IMHO

The other new addition to my rosary images is a sixth image on the last mystery of each rosary, so that would be for the Finding in the Temple, The Institution of the Eucharist, The Crucifixion and the Coronation of Our Lady. The extra image is the last picture, there I have a picture of Our Lady of the Rosary or something similar, so that we are looking at that image as we sing the Salve Regina (or recite the Hail Holy Queen) to finish the rosary.

So I would like to share all my images finds...I just need to think how to go about that, but I'll certainly get going with that project very, very soon.

Below are some of the samples I found originally for the Glorious Mysteries:

THE RESURRECTION












THE ASCENSION









THE DESCENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT














THE ASSUMPTION




















THE CORONATION OF OUR LADY



















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you: this is beautiful.

Lynne said...

This is such a beautiful idea. Your blog is a treasure...

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Anne, that is so wonderful!
Hugs
Jenny