Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Day of Petition Novena to St Anne

I missed my post last night, I actually completely forgot (the first time) as my dh was needing to use the computer when I came home from choir (usually when I do my posting) But this morning over at 4Real there is this posting which had me marvelling. Amy pointed out that if you start today with a novena to St Anne (a double novena, one of petition, one of thanksgiving) it will finish for the feast of St Anne on the 26th of this month.

I will be posting everyday now until the feast day of St Anne, giving the new prayer for each day of the two novenas, with each prayer I will post a beautiful image of St Anne and God-willing talk a little each day about the great shrine of St Anne deBeaupre in Canada. (Today I'll just add the link to the shrine's website)

**EDITING TO ADD: AT THE END OF EACH DAILY NOVENA PRAYER IS THE LINK TO THE NEXT DAY'S NOVENA PRAYER, SO YOU CAN FOLLOW THE LINKS RIGHT THROUGH TO DAY NINE OF THIS NOVENA.

Novena to Saint Anne

Prayers to be prayed before the days' prayers:

O glorious St. Anne, you are filled with compassion for those who invoke you and with love for those who suffer! Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles, I cast myself at your feet and humbly beg of you to take the present intention which I recommend to you in your special care. Please recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and place it before the throne of Jesus, so that He may bring it to a happy issue. Continue to intercede for me until my request is granted. But, above all, obtain for me the grace one day to see my God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the saints to praise and bless Him for all eternity. Amen.

Pray 1 Our Father, and 1 Hail Mary
O Jesus, Holy Mary, St. Anne, help me now and at the hour of my death.
Good St. Anne, intercede for me.

FIRST DAY

Dear St. Anne, though I am but a prodigal child, I appeal to you and place myself under your great motherly care. Please listen to my prayers and grant my requests. See my contrite heart, and show me your unfailing goodness. Deign to be my advocate and recommend me to God’s infinite mercy. Obtain for me forgiveness of my sins and the strength to begin a new life that will last forever. Blessed St. Anne, I also beg of you the grace to love, to serve, and to honor your daughter, the most holy Virgin Mary. Please recommend me to her and pray to her for me. She refuses none your requests but welcomes with loving kindness all those for whom you intercede. Good Jesus, be merciful to the faithful servants of Your grandmother St. Anne.


HT: Our Life In Austria

The Sancuary of St Anne deBeaupre for those who are thinking of visiting this shrine, it is their special 350th anniversary year.

Also, I'd like to do something special for this thanksgiving year for St Anne's feast - I have a lovely gemstone/swarovski crystal St Anne chaplet with a St Anne deBeaupre vintage reproduction medal.

If you would like to have your name added to the draw list, leave a comment with a link to your blog, or if you haven't a blog, email me at the email listed in the top right-hand of my sidebar.

I'll get my husband to draw out a name on the feast of St Anne's to receive this chaplet. I'll post a picture of the chaplet soon.

4 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Anne, you really blessed me with my copy of Good St Anne! I have grown to love her so much - especially as a grandmother. I turn to her now when I pray for my grandchildren, knowing she who was the grandmother of Our Saviour will guide them with the same love. And thank you for putting the Novena prayers up for everyone.!

Ruth said...

I will be joining you in prayer, dear Anne. Many blessings to you.

http://thetuckerbunch.typepad.com/

Frabjous Days said...

Hi Anne, lovely thoughts and reflections here as always. I've found another great blog with tons and tons of St Anne stuff on it: Evening Devotions

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Anne, is there anywhere I can get this novena where I can print off the words only without pics? I'd like to have our family all together praying this without being at the computer.
Thanks,