Sunday, July 26, 2009

St Anne's Feast Day! and Day One of the Thanksgiving Novena


**EDITING TO ADD: AT THE END OF EACH DAILY NOVENA PRAYER IS THE LINK TO THE NEXT DAY'S NOVENA PRAYER, SO YOU CAN FOLLOW THE LINKS RIGHT THROUGH TO DAY NINE OF THIS NOVENA.

Thanksgiving Novena to St Anne

By Eugene Lefevre C. ss. R.

Day One

THAT I MAY KNOW GOD'S PLAN FOR ME

Dearest Saint Anne, help me believe in the Lord's plan for me. There is nothing in my life that is not allowed by an infinitely wise and loving Father. In the light of God's wisdom and love, even the riddles of suffering and of death, help me find a solution.

Let me discover God's plan for me as it unveils itself through the creation of the universe and mankind, through the incarnation of the Father's Only Begotten Son and the redemption of sinful people, through Christ's resurrection which is a pledge for my own eternal resurrection.

Teach me, Saint Anne, that the only way to carry out the Lord's plan is to fulfill His will as it manifests itself through all the circumstances of every one of my days. If I carry out the Father's designs in everything I do, in all the joys and hardships of life, then my earthly existence will lead me in Christ's footsteps, since all He did on earth was to fulfill His father's will. Amen.


I hope and pray that St Anne's feast day is a blessed one for you all and your families. I have remembered the intentions of all the ladies who have joined with me in the first novena, at Holy Communion this morning. I hope you can join me again in a thanksgiving novena to St Anne!

And the winners of the 7 chaplets are.....


14 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Feast Day! I am home from Mass today as DD and I have a temperature and some flu-type symptoms, and we watched the video together and DD said "Ah, pretty lady!" So consider yourself complimented :o)

Marie said...

Putting up a video of the drawing was such a cute idea!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful way to do the drawing! Thank you for this wonderful Novena!

Patricia said...

Thank you for your kind generosity, Anne.
I was not among the winners of your lovely chaplets, however, I thank you for the opportunity, and I'm very happy to have come upon your site, where I have prayed alongside with you in this special Novena.

God Bless you and your lovely family, and have a wonderful day!

Julia said...

I so enjoyed see you and your children in the video! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful chaplets and congratulations to all the winners!

Happy Feast Day!

Jennifer in TX said...

Happy Feast Day, Anne. :)

Marilyn said...

What a great idea to do a video - Abby and I just enjoyed watching it!

Happy Feast day to Anna's cyber godmother and a good friend. Lots of hugs and prayers.

Janet said...

Happy Feast Day, Anne!

Hope you all enjoyed your beautiful cake!

And thank you for posting the Thanksgiving Novena - I love the prayers for today. Just wonderful!

molly said...

That was so great to watch, congrats to all the winners of those gorgeous chaplets.
May St Anne bless you for your generosity Anne:)

STA - www.stthomasaquinaschurch.org said...

Wishing you many blessings on your Feast Day!!!
Even though I wasn't a winner, I thank you for offering such beautiful items.
God Bless!

Lillian said...

I just loved watching your video and was on the edge of my seat! LOL! Thank you for posting the novena and for bringing a greater awareness of the devotion to St. Anne into my life.

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Nique said...

Now that was fun! What a creative and thoughtful way to show us your pickings of the winners! Congratulations to you all! And Anne, a BIG THANK YOU for sharing the St. Anne Novena with us..may good St. Anne reward you with a special intention granted! xo

Anonymous said...

Anne, my daughter and I have been following the Saint Anne Novena on your beautiful website. Thank you for sharing it.

Today, an interesting (miraculous?) development in our Saint Anne devotion occurred.

Following Mass, we went into the chapel for Stations of the Cross. On a desk someone had set a plastic bag with the words "Free! Take anything!" written on it.

Inside the bag were several old rosaries, a Fatima booklet, and a very old Saint Anne Chaplet, complete with printed instructions.

So, although we did not win one of your Saint Anne Chaplets, we were given one today.

God bless you!

John

Anne (aussieannie) said...

John, that is an incredible story, to receive that St Anne chaplet on her feastday, is very special! Thank you for sharing it!