Monday, July 14, 2008

Sixth Day of Petition Novena to St Anne

Novena to Saint Anne

Prayers to be prayed before the days' prayers:

O glorious St. Anne, you are filled with compassion for those who invoke you and with love for those who suffer! Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles, I cast myself at your feet and humbly beg of you to take the present intention which I recommend to you in your special care. Please recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and place it before the throne of Jesus, so that He may bring it to a happy issue. Continue to intercede for me until my request is granted. But, above all, obtain for me the grace one day to see my God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the saints to praise and bless Him for all eternity. Amen.

Pray 1 Our Father, and 1 Hail Mary
O Jesus, Holy Mary, St. Anne, help me now and at the hour of my death.
Good St. Anne, intercede for me.

SIX DAY

Good St. Anne, do not allow my soul, a masterpiece of God’s creative power, to be lost forever. Free my heart of pride, vanity, self-love. May I know myself as I really am and learn meekness and simplicity of heart.

God’s great love for me leaves me cold and unresponsive. I must reflect this love through works of mercy and charity toward my neighbor.

In your boundless charity, good St. Anne, help me to merit the glorious crown which is given to those who have fought the good fight against the world, the devil and the flesh. Assist me to preserve purity of heart and body. With Mary and her divine Son, protect me always.

St Anne is intimately connected to the Immaculate Conception, since St Anne's holy womb was the blessed abode of The Immaculate Conception, it is only fitting that the St Anne deBeaupre Shrine has an Immaculate Conception Chapel.

The Basilica of St Anne deBeaupre has two levels. The upper level is the main nave; the lower level contains the Immaculate Conception Chapel, featuring a large statue of Mary, and the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, where Mass is offered.

~The Immaculate Conception Chapel

Here is the St Anne Chaplet I wish to give-away on the feast of St Anne (July 26th)

"Listen to the soft sound of carved stones.

Join in dialogue with the mosaics and stained glass windows.

They have joy and pain, faith, hope,

and love to share with you,

all told from pilgrims of yore."

-Shrine of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré

No comments: