Friday, October 24, 2008

My most important blog posting to date

This is probably my most important blog posting to date, it is long but I ask that you read it all. To the end of this, there is a not well known, but startling revelation about the elections in 2000 and how Bush's election, in my opinion was won through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe and how Our Lady under her title of the Immaculate Conception is now showing her motherly hand to American's again during this election campaign.

An important message needs to travel the country of America and even my country of Australia, because we will never overturn abortion here in Australia until the United States does.

This is all important, because the up and coming US elections have never been more important than these two defining facts:

If Obama wins he will introduce the “Freedom of Choice Act” he stated to Planned Parenthood, “Senator Obama says clearly, "The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom Of Choice Act." So what will FOCA (Freedom of Choice Act) do? This is what Cardinal Rigali said,

“Despite its deceptive title,” he wrote, “FOCA would deprive the American people in all 50 states of the freedom they now have to enact modest restraints and regulations on the abortion industry. FOCA would coerce all Americans into subsidizing and promoting abortion with their tax dollars. And FOCA would counteract any and all sincere efforts by government to reduce abortions in our country.”

Obama is the most pro-abortion candidate to ever run for national office on a major party ticket.

If McCain wins he will have with him a passionately pro-life vice president, both supporting the building of a culture of life. George W Bush has made a decisive changes already in the ability to overturn Roe vs Wade. When he came to power the Supreme court judges were 7 – 2 in favour of Roe vs Wade, to date now, thanks to Bush, it is 5 – 4 in favour.

One more pro-life nomination needed when the next judge retires...one – they are nearly there.


Some startling facts have just come to light, and I will print the full article (with my added highlights) from Life Site:

Interview with Film Star Eduardo Verastegui about His McCain Endorsement

By Anita Crane

October 22, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Eduardo Verastegui, producer and lead actor of the 2007 American film Bella, met with Senator John McCain on October 17 in Miami, where they discussed the human rights at stake in this presidential election. Now Verastegui is using his star power – and more – to help McCain and Governor Sarah Palin win the votes of Latinos.

Verastegui said, “I am endorsing Sen. McCain for president because of his commitments to end abortion, protect traditional marriage and fix immigration law."

On Gov. Palin’s leadership, he said, “I love her. She’s a great role model for women.”

Verastegui has spoken at several McCain-Palin rallies. In Miami, the capital of Latin America and the first U.S. city where Verastegui lived, he campaigned for John McCain with McCain’s Senate allies Joe Lieberman and Mel Martinez, as well as Florida’s former governor, Jeb Bush and Governor Charlie Crist.

Verastegui said, “There I was, just an actor from Hollywood, not even a politician.

“I said more than 45 million babies have been killed by abortion in America and more than 200,000 Latino babies are killed by abortion each year. I told everyone that we need to put an end to this and, when I finished, I went to John McCain and I said, ‘Senator, thank you for your commitment to life. I’d like to give you something.’ I gave him a Miraculous Medal blessed by Pope Benedict XVI and he was amazing. He said, ‘Thank you so much! Look what I have here in my pocket.’

Then Sen. McCain took a medal out of his pocket that he carries everywhere and it was a Blessed Mother Teresa medal. He said, ‘Eduardo, now I am going to keep both.’

Verastegui also gave McCain’s wife, Cindy, a Miraculous Medal. He said, “I was touched when I found out that the McCains adopted one of their daughters from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in India. There is nothing more beautiful than to give children homes with families who will love them. I hope that one day that I can do the same.”

Verastegui gives out Miraculous Medals because, as a practicing Catholic, he believes the Blessed Mother promised Saint Catherine Labouré that “all who wear it will receive great graces.”

As Americans prepare to vote, many think their country is in crisis and Verastegui agrees. Therefore, he said, “It would be a disaster if Senator Barack Obama is elected president.”

Verastegui believes that unless Americans elect a president who will defend fundamental human rights, no one can expect a sound economy, health care or national security, including immigration reform.

“Obama speaks about ‘change,’ but what change are we talking about?” he asked. “Fidel Castro spoke about change in Cuba. Hugo Chavez talks about change in Venezuela. A lot of other charismatic dictators promised change, but look what happened to their countries.”

Verastegui explained, “Obama’s change agenda is very, very dangerous. This is a historic moment. Whoever wins the presidential election will affect this country and the world for decades. Obama doesn’t represent the values of our Latino community. He has never done anything for us. He doesn’t know who we are.”

Referring to his filmmaking partners Alejandro Monteverde and Leo Severino, Verastegui said, “Alejandro, Leo and I can make hundreds movies like Bella and they will save many babies, but it’s never going to be as powerful as a president nominating judges who observe constitutional law.”

McCain is committed to nominating constructionist judges, and Verastegui emphasized that “we are just one Supreme Court justice away from overturning Roe v. Wade.”

However, Verastegui warned that Obama threatens to codify the Roe v. Wade decision by signing the proposed Freedom of Choice Act, which would strip Americans of their right to protect innocent human lives, even from the savagery of partial-birth abortion. In a partial birth abortion the abortionist pulls a baby from his mother’s womb, stabs his skull and vacuums out his brains.

Verastegui is also pleased that McCain supports the protection of traditional marriage through state amendments legally defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.


Obama, on the other hand, told LGBT activists, “But my job, as president, is going to be to make sure that the legal rights that have consequences, on a day-to-day basis, for loving same-sex couples all across the country, that those rights are recognized and enforced by my White House and by my Justice Department.” Obama wants to repeal the federal Defense of Marriage Act and this implies that he intends to override the traditional marriage laws passed by numerous states.

On immigration, Verastegui tells voters that McCain took a big risk in Congress for Latinos while Obama abandoned them. Due to popular demand, McCain revised his reform policy. His presidential proposal includes security for U.S. citizens and innovations that would allow migrant workers to legally enter America according to market demands for their skills.

Knowing the concerns of Latinos, Verastegui said, “McCain told me that he will reform the law so that it upholds human dignity of all immigrants and protects their families.”

Verastegui concluded, “The right to life is the most important thing to me, so I want to do whatever I can to support the best candidates. That’s why I support McCain-Palin.”

Isn't this an incredible revelation? What an amazing fact!!! I'm floored by it and greatly encouraged!

I hope all those reading this will join with me to pray as often as they can during the day and in the night (when they wake to fussy babies etc) and will enourage their children to take this extremely important issue to their hearts and pray for the best outcome for this election.

I would suggest one of the two following prayers that are connected to the miraculous medal:

"Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!"

or

"Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen."

I know many are offering rosaries which is wonderful, please continue to do it but these simple, beautiful prayers can be offered in between these other prayer committments, they can be said anywhere and everywhere.

I have put an image on my Miraculous Medal Prayer Petition Mobile to remind myself and the children all day long, pray for these elections!!!

Lastly, I would encourage all to get this special news out to as many people you know who will also join in prayer, these prayers are the blessed, small ones that can fill up the gaps in our day and night, while we are working, playing and even waking in our sleep.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this news could get out to thousands or millions in these final days leading up to the elections?

I sincerely believe that Mother Teresa has had her hand in this.

She was an outsider who had alwasy been concerned for this great country of America, (remember that Breakfast Speech to the Clintons?) I am also from another country, but we both recognise that this is great nation can influence the world like no other, we are so reliant on you!!

Please read here, Mother Teresa’s connection to the Miraculous Medal, this is no accidental chance or situation that Eduardo has given a miraculous medal to John McCain. I believe Mother has interceeded for this grace... BUT...BUT it is up to US ALL now!!!

What will we do with this grace? It is how WE respond to this knowledge, whether a change for the good can take place, because with sacramentals (blessed medal) we must pray, otherwise it is a medal in a pocket only!

Please pass this information on to all those you know and may God bless you for it.

The nation of America has always been intimately connected to Our Lady under two titles:

Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception

and

Our Lady of Guadalupe.

When Gore and Bush were running against each other in the year 2000, people prayed like never before for a pro-life outcome. The anti-life forces knew what was at stake too, Barbara Streisand made her feelings clear at the time at a speech she made on August 17, 2000. Streisand said there were three reasons to vote for Gore: "1. The Supreme Court. 2. The Supreme Court. 3. The Supreme Court!"

"Indeed", she said, hysterically, that "our whole way of life is at stake when you consider the next President could make three or four appointments to the high court."

Streisand says she "shudders" when she thinks how "a more conservative court" could "put at risk all the things we hold dear": civil rights, women's rights, disability rights, privacy rights, consumer rights, worker's rights, the right to abortion.

But prayer prevailed and something extraordinary happened.

The election was not a clear cut win, it went to the courts and it because a protracted court battle until two decisive court wins went in George W Bush’s favour.

The first took place of the 8th of December – the Feast of the Immaculate Conception – the second, which gave Bush the presidency, took place on the 12th of December, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of America and patroness of the unborn.

Why did this happen? Why couldn’t have Bush won outright?

I believe if the court situation had not followed we would not have seen heaven’s hand in it so strongly, so clearly, that prayers HAD been answered. ("Ask, and you shall receive...")

Now we call out to Our Lady under the title of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception,

"Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!”

Postscript: Is repetitious prayer powerful? Read this beautiful, true story that my mother witnessed..

53 comments:

Cindy said...

God bless you for this most amazing post.

Therese said...

I have thought often that this American Election would hurt us too if Obama got in. I can see how true your words are and how this election would affect us now. I have been praying a lot about this and praying for McCain Palin to be in Govt.

Jennifer in TX said...

Anne,
Thank you for this post. I especially love the pictures of the McCains standing in front of the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe. It gives me hope...

molly said...

Thank you Anne, this is a wonderful post. I was up many times in the night praying Aves due to this post.
NOw I am going to link to it from my blog.

Unknown said...

Awesome, Anne!

I am so humbled that someone from another country--another hemisphere, in fact--would be praying so hard for the righteousness of America.

Please continue to pray, and know that we are praying together.

Blessings!

Renee said...

WOW! What an incredible post! Thank you so much and even though I live in Canada and we just had our own election woes, everything the United States does obviously affects us here too. We are involved in a giant rosary novena heading to the US election, one not only building all across the USA, but rippling throughout Canada en masse! God Bless you!

Kimberlee said...

Thank you so much for posting this - it is such a wonderful compilation of information - especially the reminder about the dates concerning the last election. It is a wonderful blessing!

KC said...

That was an incredible post. We are praying.

Kathleen Miller said...

What an EXCELLENT post! I am going to link this on my blog. God BLess!

Kathleen Miller said...

I also want to say that I am adding you to my blogs I enjoy list on my sidebar. Come for a visit sometime!

mac said...

Thank you for your post. Last night I woke up and thought if others throughout the world would join in the prayers for McCain it would be powerful since so many countries look to U.S. for freedom. Today I saw this and I praise God for this powerful tool through Our Lady of Guadalupe & Mother Teresa. I have been praying to both for this election from the beginning and when I read about McCain having the 2 medals and seeing him in front of the picture of Mary I know her hand is here.

Ruth said...

Thank you for this wonderful post, Anne! I have been praying Memorares ever since you sent me that email. God bless you!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you, so very much, Anne. I am quite humbled by your powerful plea for prayers for this election which we all believe is the most important in a long time. We have been praying also and fasting for Life this whole month up to the election. The forces against us are the worst I can ever remember. This is surely a spiritual battle. That is the reason that prayer is so important for a pro-life outcome. Thank goodness most of our Bishops are out there teaching voting for life. But we need a lot of prayers. Thank all of the children who are praying for this election because those prayers are taken straight to God by their guardian angels. May God bless all of you and may God bless our world, Cathy from Burlinton, North Carolina

aspiring... said...

AMEN !

Suzanne said...

Excellent post. May I reprint and link back?
Classicallycatholiccurrentissues.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Thank you for this beautiful post and for the prayers for our country.
God bless...

Unknown said...

Thank you for this Blog. There is a group of us that are praying to the Rosary and asking the Blessed Mother to bind the hands and feet of evil people with the Rosary.Remember too St Joan of Arc is one of the Patron Saint of the US and ask the Souls of Purgatory to pray for our intentions. God Bless you and Thank you for this Blog.

kelly in fla said...

Thank you for your beautiful blog. I have been so worried about this election because I don't believe that the obama supporters realize that our country will be destroyed if he gets in. I have a lot of friends including myself that are going to daily mass, adoration, and praying the rosary 2 & 3 times a day for this election. But it has really uplifted me to see so many others from other countries praying for us as well. I don't care what the media says because our God is an awesome God and has the power over evil to do anything.
And the best person to stomp out that evil is our Blessed Mother.
Hail Mary full of Grace......

salena52 said...

I,too, pray for the outcome of the election as I pray for the helpless unborn babies. I pray, I e-mail, and forward information to as many people as I can so I can get the word out to as many people as I can about Obama's agenda. Many people don't know about his plans for the unborn. I am working as hard as I can to get that message through. God bless!
Vicky

Unknown said...

Thank you for that posting. America is in great need of prayer until the election on November 4th.
Anyone that reads this please pray for the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Lynn in Louisville

Marie Jalsevac said...

My prediction and prayers are with the American people and that they wil turn out with faith on election day.
God has always thought of America as His favored country on earth because they have shown respect and admiration for His words and they will do so again.
Marie Jalsevac

Andrew Garcia said...

Senator Obama does not support gay marriage, he supports civil unions. Very different from a traditional marriage. They receive the same benefits but they are not "married." The Obama-Biden campaign has said in both presidential and vice-presidential debates that they are not supporting gay marriage. They are however against a constitutional ban.

aspiring... said...

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough and inspiring post about the U.S. presidential election. It is on all our minds. May I ask something here?

Please read the following posts. One was written and posted by a Dominican priest in his blog, and the other is by another writer but copied and posted in the same priest's blog.

http://hancaquam.blogspot.com/2008/10/his-positions-are-evil.html

http://hancaquam.blogspot.com/2008/10/demagogue-yup.html

Another blog I love very much has a great deal of coverage on election issues, much video, including the video interview with Eduardo Verastegui.

Also, we are now within the nine-day novena period prior to the United States presidential election. Select your prayer and commit yourself to it during these days.

in Jesus, aspiring +

aspiring... said...

P.S. Regarding, "Another blog that I love very much...." I forgot to include the blog name. It is http://salesianity.blogspot.com/

Lisa Julia Photography said...

We must have Faith and do the work necessary to spread this message. Thank you for having the courage to make such an amazing post.
In Faith, Hope and Love:
Lisa

Pam said...

Dearest Anne,

The United States also has our Blessed Mother's patronage as Our Lady of America. Please see the website at www.OurLadyofAmerica.org.

She appeared to a Sister Mary Ephrem in 1956, acknowledging her joy at being honored here at the shrine of the Basilica of the Immaculate in Washington D. C. She also requested that her Bishops in America process and establish her image in the shrine in a place of honor. She is ready, willing, and eager to help us. If they would do as she requested, she promised us her special protection and to perform miracles and wonders here even greater than those that were granted at Lourdes and Fatima.

America has a great destiny: To be a beacon of peace, purity, faith, hope, charity, and God's love to the world.

On November 10-14, there will be a Synod of American Bishops meeting in Baltimore, Maryland. Many people are writing letters, imploring our Bishops to do this. The hour has grown late, and THE TIME IS NOW.

By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, deliver us from evil.

charlie said...

Have hope America despite what the polls indicate. My wife and I are new migrants in Australia and we have been praying the rosary daily for the US Presidential Election. 2Fridays ago, I prayed the rosary in front of the picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe which is hung on the wall in our home, as I offered up my intention for a pro-life President to Mama, I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. I knew Mama is interceding and God is in control despite whatever the election outcome will be. Lets all continue to pray on "Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recource to thee". Amen.

pam j said...

Anne,
Thank you for this beautiful,uplifting, and yes very important post in support of Our Lady, and pray that the prolife candidates John McCain, and Sarah Palin can win this election. I too pray that we Catholics vote pro-life. The facts on dates the votes occurred to determine that President Bush was the winner against Al Gore were so Providential...thank you for bringing that to light.
I have another devotion to the Blessed Mother under the title Our Lady of America (see oltiv.org.)On May 31st 2007 Archbishop Burke wrote an opinion article on this approved apparition to Sr. Mildred Neuzil in 1956 in Rome City, Indiana under the title Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin. He informed all the bishops about this devotion at that year's USCCB. He also stated that there was no conflict between this devotion and Our Lady of Guadalupe, as the latter was Patroness of the Americas, and Our Lady of America was patroness of the U.S.A. Our Lady of America asked that Americans return to purity, promising if Her requests were heeded the U.S. would lead the world to peace (see oltiv.org. for more info). Miracles continue to occur at the site in Indiana where She appeared and gave the approved messages to Sr. Neuzil. My prayer will be for the bishops to heed Our Lady’s requests for this devotion before the election. As She told Sr. Mildred Neuzil, “the time grows late”. The statue blessed by Archbishop Burke is ready and on display in the JPII Center in Washington D.C.
Moreover, I pray that our bishops gather in procession and enthrone the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington D.C. I pray too that they spread the devotion of Our Lady of America as She requested. In 1956 in Rome City, Indiana,(see oltiv.org. for more info). My prayer will be for the bishops to heed Our Lady’s requests for this devotion before the election. As She told Sr. Mildred Neuzil, “the time grows late”. The statue blessed by Archbishop Burke is ready and on display in the JPII Center in Washington D.C.
“By Thy Holy and Immaculate Conception O Mary, deliver us from evil.”
God Bless the U.S.A.

Allison said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing this. I will be praying the rosary along with the novena for the next 9 days, hopefully along with millions of others!

chooselife said...

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=53c9be4725fe84dcfe69

Please watch... then pray!

H said...

Praise God for you, Anne. Praise God for you.

semperficatholic said...

Thank you for posting this. I would also like to share my pastor's homily from this past Sunday. It concerns Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Muslims, and Pope St. Pius V. With so few in Don Juan's Catholic army to defeat the Muslims in 1571, Don Juan was sent the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, that went before them in battle and secured the victory over the Muslims. It is an amazing story and I pray that everyone reads it.

Scroll past the radio station ad for the text of this homily
http://www.semperficatholic.com/page6.html

Nobis Pacem said...

It is so heartwarming to read this. Since I am an Asian living in America, this presidential election coverage has been so "terrifying" to say the least. However, I have minimized TV/radio and have simply fallen on my knees in prayer and by God's grace feel the comforting embrace of His Mother and the loving Mercy of her Son, Jesus. I believe Our Mother under various titles will comfort us. FYI- This year is the Year of Our Lady of Lourdes. Her message was pray, fast and penance.
Laus Deo, Yvette Pereira

MRR said...

We will be praying here in Costa Rica for life to be defended in the US

M.E. said...

Thank you for this post! What a huge boost it just gave me to know that there are people all around the world praying for us in America as we face this election! I am in tears as I read all these comments... I had no idea that we are being held up and supported by people in other countries! Oh thank you all so much!

I am praying a rosary novena, but I also will pray the Miraculous Medal prayer (am about to print it out to post around the house).

Also... I had one other suggestion... could everyone please consider going to confession this week, asking for God's mercy for all the offenses we have committed against Him? And please consider going to Mass everyday this week as well, if you possible can.

Thank you again, so much! I'm going to link to this post on my blog and send it to our homeschool support group. God bless you, and all who commented here!

Joseph said...

"No one, no government, no mother has the right to take life" Mother Theresa. Pray that the cold hearts of abortion be filled with the warmth of compassion for the child in the womb.

acard944 said...

Thank you Annie for a great blog. I too am aware of Our Lady's role in helping America slowly end the horrible abortions in this land. I remember telling some Al Gore supporters during the "hanging chad" controversy in 2000 in Florida that George Bush was going to win the election if a decision was going to be made on Dec 8th or Dec 12th. They were not Catholics so they didn't understand the significance of the dates, but lo and behold, Our Lady came to our rescue.

We are once again at the edge of the abyss in which evil seems to have it's hour again with the rise of Obama and his immoral surrogates in the the Congress seeming on the verge of victory. I once again have hope that we can prevail, however, so much depends on our prayers. We, too, are praying the Rosary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy @ 3PM, and assorted other prayers to Our Lord and Lady to have mercy on the us and deliver us from this evil. Mary, Help of Christians, pray for us!

Yours in Christ,
Art Cardenas
Tampa, FL

Tonicollin said...

Andrew--
I agree with you, that Senator Obama SAID that he favors civil unions and not gay marriage. But here in California, we are voting on Proposition 8, and Senator Obama has stated he is AGAINST Prop 8. Prop 8 would set the definition of marriage to it's original: one man joined with one woman. If Prop 8 fails -- the position Senator Obama favors -- then marriage will be what 4 judges set it to be this year: any two people.

Senator Obama cannot have it both ways. He cannot be "against gay marriage" AND be against Prop 8.

Kathy said...

Thank you for your beautiful and hopeful post, and especially for your prayers. What a blessing to know that people around the world are praying for and with us.

Thought you would like to see this link from the new Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

http://www.guadalupeshrine.org/Home/Home.asp

The media have already chalked up our state to Obama, we really need our Lady's intercession here.

shepherdess10 said...

AVE MARIA!

Thank you, Anne, for your powerful post! To think that THE WHOLE WORLD is praying for us!....Our Lady surely has us under her mantle! AMEN to everything you have mentioned! AMEN!
God Bless you, Anne, you are so precious!

Lisa D
(Sr. Veronica M.M. of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, FTI)

Hannah's Tears said...

Thank you for your prayers and support for this country!

God Bless and keep you!

Roman Catholic, Lay Carmelite, Wife, Mom, and Home Schooler....

Therese (OHIO)

Ebeth said...

Thank you Anne, I have just met you and hope you continue to care and pray for my country. We homeschool, attend Mass, and believe in pro-life completely, these rights will be gone if the "other" side wins.

Frightened, but praying the rosary novena and fasting!

Hugs and blessings

Dave Hahn said...

I hope Eduardo Verastegui can make a huge impact on Sen. John MCCain. I know how horrible a Sen. Obama presidency could be. My only concern is with SEN. McCains position on embrionic Stem cell research and rape and and incest exceptions. The Lord says he despises luke warmness. I'm wondering how God looks upon us when we had a chance to vote in Pat Buchanan against Bush and Mike Huckabee against McCain. Both of these people were comitted to protecting life at all stages no exceptions. Many people voted for Bush or McCain for financial reasons. Are we really moving forward or has the republican party become less Prolife over the years. As I look at the republican presidential canidates, each one is less and less prolife. Goerge Bush allowed for exceptions in cases of rape and incest but not embrionic stem cell research. McCain has excepted both. Is God blessing us or our we slowly, because of luke warm canidates, getting less prolife. what are some peoples thoughts. I would like to know.

Dave Hahn said...

I hope Eduardo Verastegui can make a huge impact on Sen. John MCCain. I know how horrible a Sen. Obama presidency can be. My only concern is with SEN. McCains position on ebrionic Stem cell research and rape and and incest exceptions. The Lord says he despises luke warmness. Im wondering how God looks upon us when we had a chance to vote in Pat Buchanan against Bush and Mike Huckabee against McCain. Both of these people were comitted to protecting life at all stages no exceptions. Many people voted for Bush or McCain for financial reasons. Are we really moving forward or has the republican party become less Prolife over the years. As I look at the republican presidential canidates, each one is less and less prolife. Goerge Bush allowed for exceptions in cases of rape and incest but not embrionic stem cell research. McCain has excepted both. Is God blessing us or our we slowly, because of luke warm canidates, getting less prolife. what are some peoples thoughts. I would like to know.

Georgia Beville said...

I am so grateful to see so many others out there praying for a God-centered election in this U.S.A. It give me hope to see even many others from other countries praying for and with us. Yes, I believe my country is in serious trouble stemming from many years of declining trust in our Maker, and through greed fostered by power (a wholly human and unloving trait). We MUST get back to prayer, love for neighbor, protection of life (in short, Godliness)or suffer dire consequences world-wide. What we're seeing now is only the tip of a monstrous iceberg if we don't.

Although I'm not computer literate enough to understand how to accomplish lots of things, know I've forwarded this wonderful blog to all on my email list as my help in keeping this alive. I am also joining my daily prayers to God and His Blessed Mother to all of yours. There is POWER IN SHARED PRAYER!!!

Gabriela said...

great post! thanks for exposing that and i'll spread the word so more people read it god bless!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting. We all must pray!

Leticia said...

What a moving and important post!
Thank you for taking this crucial election to heart since you aren't American. You obviously understand how influential for good or for evil the USA can be.
What you don't know is that my family and I prayed so long for George Bush to prevail in the election debacle of 2000 that when his victory came on the two feast days of Our Lady, I told my husband "We're going to that Inauguration". We brought our two young daughters, stood in the rain, and thanked Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the unborn for her miraculous intercession. The next day I stood in four inches of snow line in the dark pre-dawn to get White House tickets to shake the new President and First Lady's hands. I had a card of Our Lady of Guadalupe and intended to tell President Bush what you have said here, that he owes his presidency to Our Lady, and that he'd BETTER BE PROLIFE.
I never shook his hand that day, so I mailed the card.
Years later I read that his Catholic brother Jeb Bush and his Mexican wife Carmela had gone to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in a pilgrimage of supplication for his brother's election. President Bush surely knew to whom he owed his stunning victory. He has been the most pro-life President of US History, passing numerous prolife laws such as the Partial Birth Abortion Ban, Born Alive Infant Protection Act, Fetal Pain Awareness Act, and now the Prenatally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act. He appointed wonderful Supreme Court Justices Samuel Alito and Roberts.
Our Lady must be proud of him.
Let's pray that John McCain is dedicating his election to her,and that "La Morenita" as she is affectionately called in Mexico has him under her starry mantle.

Greg said...

You recognize that this election is crucial for granting the unborn their deserved human rights. Please pray for all Christians in the U.S. to see that this issue comes first. After the right to life is granted to every person, we can discuss the best way to solve other problems in society. Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.

Chela said...

I´m praying for the US election in Mexico City.
Here´s a prayer the Mexican bishops endorsed to pray for Mexico after our own elections, when President Felipe Calderón won (a devout Catholic), and many people were saying he hadn´t won. There was a very tense atmosphere, and people were arguing and fighting over the election all the time. I think this is a good prayer for any country:

Jesus, we commend our homeland to your Sacred Heart,
submerge it in the ocean of your compassion.
Help us to build in our country your Kingdom of Love and Justice,
of Peace and Forgiveness.
And to your beloved Mother
Saint Mary of Guadalupe,
Our Lady of reconciliation,
we pray that she may keep us safe
in the hollow of her mantle,
hug us in the crossing of her arms,
keep our nation united,
and remind us that we are all siblings,
Amen

Chela Raluy Zierold

Stacy Trasancos said...

Anne, this blog has had such an impact. After I read it at my home in Massachusets, by no planning of my own, I found myself in Cleveland, OH the night before Obama gave his last rally there. My husband and I were traveling and he had made the arrangements long before. I had pinned the Miraculous Medal on him and it fell off in OH so it was with Obama even if he didn't know it.

Then on Election Day we were in Phoenix, AZ. We found out that McCain was holding his election party in the same town, he lives there. I went to the only chapel I could find the morning of Election Day and there was a large shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I prayed both the prayers you suggested, the Miraculous Medal many, many times in Phoenix. Before any of this my husband, moved by a local artist's work, gave me a gift for our home. It is a large drawing of Mother Teresa. One of our six children is named after her.

I had never heard of the movie in your blog. One day driving home from my children's school, St. Mary's, moved with emotion about the FOCA act I begged God to show me what I can do. I turned the car around and drove straight to Planned Parenthood. There was a lady standing by the road peacefully protesting abortion who I recognized. I had not seen her in a long time and she later told me she had not been to protest in months. We began talking and she told me about a group that is organized to speak out about abortion. They just all watched the movie Bella!

And to add one more thing, I learned that right behind my children's school is a shelter for crisis pregnancy, for women who decide against abortion. It is the Visitation House. I drive by it every day and I never knew.

Thank you so much, Anne, for your blog. I have work to do here in MA. I have found a petition to stop FOCA and a Washington DC switchboard to connect people directly with congressmen to oppose this bill. God Bless You and please pray for us. Thank you for showing me the relationship with Our Blessed Mother that I have longer for.

fernblossom said...

Thank you for praying for our country.

I read your blog forward from this post. My experience this election season has deep parallels with yours.

God bless you.

Unknown said...

Well, so much for all your prayers and hoping. The anti-life Obama got in, now I cry myself to sleep each night thinking of all the babies unborn to unfit mothers and poverty. If only one can undo the events of this past election, or remove the baby killer from office (forcibly or otherwise) then we can all get one step closer to heaven on Earth...