Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beading contentment

Some more beading done over the weekend while trying to keep things quiet still.

A few new St Anne chaplets with a totally new St Anne medal. Isn't it a beautiful medal? It is of St Anne deAuray which I blogged about here. St Anne and the Child Mary surrounds by flowers. It comes in sterling silver only at present, hopefully it will come out in bronze down the track.

Here is the same St Anne medal made up in a blue chaplet with goregeous Pacific Opal swarovski crystals for the Pater beads.

Another blue St Anne chaplet, I've used filigree sterling silver beads for the Paters with another sterling silver bead cap either side of it.

This is one of my favourite necklaces. So many love St Therese of the Little Flower and I use a particularly lovely medal from Rosary Workshop and a lovely rose rosary center, the symbolic theme is 'roses' (of course!) roses among the greenery. I've use a lovely fire-polished czech rosebud shaped 8mm bead for the main rose in each section, they are sitting in a solid bronze 'leaf' bead cap, lots of swarovski crystals and Forest Green Jasper gemstones. It looks so nice on.
Here is a close up of the center piece, the rose rosary center, then the crystals arranged to look like a rose and it's rosebud and the St Therese medal.

Quickly snapped a photo with it on, so you see how it sits.

Two lovely marian rosary beads flying overseas soon. I never tire of the blue crazy lace agate and unfortunately you need to get the beads in direct sunlight to do true justice to the brilliance of this gorgeous gemstone.

Here is the second pair, both in honour of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

I've made a new background for my beads to be photographed on and that inspiration has come from Alice's beautiful site, Gardens of Grace and the very creative and perfect way she has photographed her creations. (Though I can't photograph like her though, still working on that..) I have thought about doing it for a while for I have been in a gregorian chant choir for 6 years and we have chant notation books in home which I use in choir, it seemed the perfect background for me.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne you do so much !
I know beadwork is like handsewing and very nice calming meditative work though .
The pink beads are my fav ! I am sorry I haven't written .It has been snowing again and raining etc. I froze my geraniums too . So I have to admit I am a tad depressed , trying but this weather makes us all a tad lathargic .
I also totally forgot abpout your surgery ! I will pray with kids and all housekeeping you have smooth healing time .
I like Juan Diego's uncle Juan Bernardino for healing help ;-)
Thanks for posts on ST.Anne I do not know much about her but will learn now via your posts.
God Bless You Anne I am always so grateful after coming here .

Kelly said...

Beautiful!!! I especially love the St. Therese necklace! Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your work. God bless.

olivia said...

wow! you are very talented. I love you bead work, kep it up they are really really beautiful :)

God bless
Olivia

Ruth said...

Anne, you are so incredibly talented! I am inspired to try and make a necklace, although I know it won't turn out as beautiful as yours :)

Sweetness and Light said...

Anne, these are incredible!! Where do you find such amazing medals, they are just so beautiful!! I ope you're feeling better soon :) Love and blessings,

RAnn said...

Beautiful beads.

Hi, I'm RAnn and I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets, a Catholic Carnival. It is a way for us to share the best of our blogs with other Catholic bloggers and blog readers. This week's host post is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2009/05/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_16.html and it will tell you how to participate. If you want a reminder to post, you can subscribe to our yahoogroup. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunday_snippets/?yguid=1269802 Thanks, and hope to see you at Sunday Snippets.

Kimberlee said...

Gorgeous beads, all, as always! Love the music in the 'background' as well. :-) Hope you are feeling better.

Elena said...

It's great to discover other creative bloggers. Your beading work is gorgeous and the medals you've used are lovley.

God Bless,
Elena :)

SuzanneG said...

Anne~These are beautiful!!! I absolutely LOVE them!