Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 3 of the Thanksgiving Novena to St Anne

DAY 3 OF THE THANKSGIVING NOVENA TO ST ANNE

FOR PEACE OF MIND

Tell me, dearest Saint Anne, that the best way to find peace of mind is to allow the Lord to live in my mind and heart. The enemies of peace of mind are my past and future. The memory of my past behaviour may linger on long after it should have been forgotten. My imagination builds up a foreboding future for me.

Dear Saint Anne, remind me that all the evil of my past should not upset me: "Let the dead past bury its dead!" - "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." (Isa 1:18)

Dearest Saint Anne, in the midst of the constant turmoil which surrounds us and brought to effervescence by the media, that thrive on dramatizing the worst in society, let us find comfort in the conviction that, as long as we keep our faith and hope in the Lord's power, wisdom, love and peace, it will keep Him alive in our hearts.

"The power that has conquered the world is this faith of ours." (1 John 5:4) Amen.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful to have found you. Your daily thoughts have been so inspiring for me and my family. I am the mother of three young boys and I am trying so hard to instill the values and traditions of the Catholic faith into them. Your website has helped me to grow spiritually and I really appreciate the time and energy you give to your readers! Thank You!!!