Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 5 of the Thanksgiving Novena to St Anne

DAY 5 OF THE THANKSGIVING NOVENA TO ST ANNE

FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED

Dearest Saint Anne, teach me that the one thing the world stands most in need of is God Himself: faith and trust in Him, the One who made us and loves us. Obtain for all people the Lord's grace on Earth and His glory in Heaven.

Remind me that I am also expected to provide for the human and material needs of my neighbours. If they need bread, let me hasten to feed them. If they are without suitable clothes or lodging, let me hasten to clothe and shelter them. If they are penniless, let me give them money. If they are lonely, let me give them friendship. If they feel forsaken, ignored or rejected, let me bring them the warmth of my interest. The ways I can help my neighbours are as diversified as are my neighbours' needs.

Dearest Saint Anne, keep reminding me, whenever I help my neighbours in need, that it is the Lord that I am helping: "Whatever you do for the least of my children, you do it for me". Amen.

Day 6 of the Novena



No comments: