Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 7 of the Thanksgiving Novena to St Anne

DAY 7 OF THE THANKSGIVING NOVENA TO ST ANNE

A PRAYER OF A WORKER

Dearest Saint Anne, tell me that work must be something noble and beautiful since you yourself worked throughout your earthly life, and since Christ, your Grandson, chose to be born of a working family: He was the Son of Joseph the carpenter.

Teach me how to discover through work a service I can bring to my neighbours by helping them enjoy the blessings of this world. Without mankind's work, nature would have remained a wilderness. It is work that provides us with all the necessities and conveniences of existence. It is work that gives us the houses we live in, the food we eat, and the clothing we wear.

Dearest Saint Anne, teach me how to love my work, my job, even if it monotonous, because it is God's will that I should work and fulfill my obligations to the best of my ability. Even if my work seems common and, remind me that Christ's work in Nazareth was also common and ordinary. Help me bring into all the work I do, Christ's own spirit, which is a spirit of love for the Lord, and for my neighbour. Amen.



No comments: