Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hearts for Home

My fellow Aussie mum, Gae, from Cherished Hearts at Home has started this beautiful initiative for centering our motherly hearts for home, this is what Gae has to say:

"In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well."

My List for this week is:

1. To reflect on the life of The Cure of Ars and particularly this beautiful quote of his in regard to my own motherhood: "I owe a debt to my mother, virtues go easily from mothers into the hearts of their children, who willingly do what they see being done."

2. To re-focus on the beauty of a well ordered household.

3. To keep working at thinking before speaking, to break the habit of responding to quickly, to carelessly. "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment." Matthew 12:36

4. To work at being consistant in the important things that matter.


3 comments:

Gae said...

Dear Anne,
I am always amazed at how gentle you seem.
I always am trying in this area.
God Bless ♥

Pablo the Mexican said...

Dear Madam,

Would you please give me permission to add your blog to my web site links list?

When we encourage women to come to Christ, invariably one of the questions is, "What example can you give me as to how a Christian woman lives?".

Your blog and your girlfriend's blogs are a good answer. (They can access other Catholic women's blogs through yours).

Would you please kindly respond?

Ave Maria Purissima!

pablo

*

Anne (aussieannie) said...

Yes, you are more than welcome Pablo to share the links.

God Bless, Anne