Saturday, August 1, 2009

On the feast of St Martha...

Matthew Karol Snow entered into the Presence of God.

St Martha was a biblical lady of immense faith in God, in grief and sorrow, she knew what the larger and eternal 'picture' was. Martha's words were an extraordinary profession of faith - faith in God, no matter what His Divine Will may be.

John 11: 20 -27

Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

24Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one coming into the world.”

What I have witnessed in Emily during this whole journey, from it's beginning, is this extraordinary trust and faith in God, no matter what. In the midst of her sorrow, worry, grief, she acknowledged that even if Matthew were to die, that he would live - live in Christ.

St Matthew Karol Snow - pray for us!


No comments: