Monday, July 16, 2007

Enjoying the feast of Our Lady of Mt Carmel

Today is the very special feast of Our Lady of Mt Carmel and I wanted to share with you our creation for the evening! I am not a great cook by any stretch of the imagination and so this cake is just two mud cakes I bought on special at Coles. (I walked through the front door of Coles and right in front was a big display of chocolate mud cakes – no joke!)

I cut the two cakes into the shape of each end of the scapular and printed a lovely picture of Our Lady giving the scapular to St Simon Stock. I had intended to use my icing equipment to write the words on the other cake but the smaller nozzle was playing up, so I printed the words up from the computer and iced around the two sheets in blue. New, brown shoe strings were used for the cord of the scapular and we were done – nothing too complicated at all!

I hope to post again tonight with prayers from my book and to talk about this special feast.

15 comments:

Lillian said...

Simply beautiful!!!

Ruth said...

This is truly incredible!!!! I have never seen anything like this before. I could stare at this cake all day long. I'm going to try and attempt this with the kids. Thank you for this beautiful idea. God bless you.

the mother of this lot said...

This is a cake????!!!!
Honestly, I thought it was a scapular!!

Stef said...

Anne, that's awesomely clever!! I came here looking for the cake picture and had to scroll up and down looking for it -- I thought that was a scapular!!

Alice Gunther said...

You are an artist in every way!

I too thought this tremendously beautiful cake was a real scapular!

ls said...

I am too impressed and have decided this is our desert tonight. Hope I can pull it off as well as you did! If so, I'll post a pic on my blog - if not we'll just enjoy my humble attempts here at home and honor our heavenly mother ~smiling~
Thank you for sharing~

Marjorie said...

That is one of the most creative ideas I have ever seen! -- and delicious and CHOCOLATE too:-) I am definitely going to try this one.

Jen said...

This is a beautiful idea!! I love it! Happy Feast day!! (A day late but that's okay! :-)

Anonymous said...

Now that would be hard to kiss and throw over the neck!

The sisters would get a kick out of this!

Your are full of amazing creative juices Anne, you always amaze me!!

God Bless
Love Chemai
xo

K.H. said...

I totally thought that was a scapular. Amazing.

Marianne Elizabeth said...

This cake is amazing!!! What a wonderful talent the Lord has given you. Blessings to your family.
marianne

Joannof10 said...

At first I wondered how you made such a beautiful scapular and then was totally amazed when I realized it is a cake! How wonderful!!

Sweetness and Light said...

Why didn't I see this last year, simply divine!! Happy Feast dear one :)

Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea!

Jessica Gordon said...

Happy feast!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!