Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 6 of the Petitioning Novena to St Anne plus craft ideas

DAILY PRAYER TO SAINT ANNE

O glorious St. Anne, you are filled with compassion for those who invoke you and with love for those who suffer! Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles, I cast myself at your feet and humbly beg of you to take the present intention which I recommend to you in your special care.

Please recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and place it before the throne of Jesus, so that He may bring it to a happy issue. Continue to intercede for me until my request is granted. But, above all, obtain for me the grace one day to see my God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the saints to praise and bless Him for all eternity. Amen.

Our Father, . . . Hail Mary . . .

O Jesus, Holy Mary, St. Anne, help me now and at the hour of my death.
Good St. Anne, intercede for me.

SIX DAY

Good St. Anne, do not allow my soul, a masterpiece of God’s creative power, to be lost forever. Free my heart of pride, vanity, self-love. May I know myself as I really am and learn meekness and simplicity of heart.

God’s great love for me leaves me cold and unresponsive. I must reflect this love through works of mercy and charity toward my neighbor.

In your boundless charity, good St. Anne, help me to merit the glorious crown which is given to those who have fought the good fight against the world, the devil and the flesh. Assist me to preserve purity of heart and body. With Mary and her divine Son, protect me always.

A dear friend is visiting this miraculous shrine in the States where the icon above exudes myrrh/oil. Here is my blog posting about it on Day One of the Novena. She has generously stated she is happy to take any personal prayer intentions and place them at the feet of St Anne's icon on the feast day of St Anne. If you would like to have any prayers intentions taken to the shrine, please email me them and I will gladly pass them on.

If you haven't yet entered the draw to win one of five gemstone, heirloom quality St Anne chaplets (which you can view in detail here) please email me or leave a comment in the comment box (with your blog link or email for contact.)

Sic Fingit Tabernaculum Deo & St Anne Prayer Intention craft

ST ANNE CRAFTS

I thought that it would be good to compile a list of links to what St Anne craft activities I know of, in preparation for St Anne's feastday this coming Sunday. If you know of any good St Anne craft ideas or you have created one yourself and blogged about it, please leave a comment with a link, and I'll add it to the list I have here.

Charlotte from Waltzing Matilda has a fabulous St Anne craft and one of her own colouring pictures.

Here is her St Anne's Family Album. If you are looking for more information about materials for this craft, here is the discussion at 4Real.

Here is Charlotte's beautiful colouring picture of St Anne and the Child Mary.

Here is my "Sic Fingit Tabernaculum Deo" St Anne craft from last year.

Here is my St Anne Prayer Intention craft as well.

Lastly a colouring image I made via paintshop from a painting of St Anne. Just click the image to full size and print up.


+++++++++++



2 comments:

Gae said...

Dear Anne,
It all looks great, but I can't get the colouring page
God Bless

Nicole said...

Hi Anne,

I would love to be entered into your drawing!