Sunday, November 22, 2009

O Antiphon Christmas Tree Ornaments

To complete our advent saints christmas tree ornament for each day of advent, I used 7 'O' alphabet cutouts for the days 17th of December - 23rd.

The pictures I used for the ornaments are the artwork of Kyle Lindholm, which I discovered over at Parish of the Messiah.

I soon as I saw these images I was captured by the vibrancy of colour and thought them perfect for backing the 'O' cutouts. So I printed them up on white cardboard and laminated them for extra strength and durability.

17th of December ~ O Sapientia : O Wisdom.

"O Wisdom, you came forth from the mouth of the Most High, and reach from one end of the earth to the other, mightily and sweetly ordering all things: come and teach us the way of prudence."

18th of December ~ O Adonai : O Lord.

"O Adonai, ruler of the house of Israel, you appeared to Moses in the fire of the burning bush; on Mount Sinai you gave him your law: with outstretched arm, come and redeem us."

19th of December ~ O Radix Jesse : O Root of Jesse.

"O Root of Jesse, you stand as an ensign to the people; before you kings shall keep silence, all nations bow in worship: come and save us, and do not delay."

20th of December ~ O Clavis David : O Key of David

"O Key of David, and scepter of the house of Israel; you open and no one closes; you close and no one opens: come and deliver us from the chains of prison, we who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death."
21st of December ~ O Oriens : O Rising Dawn.

"O Rising Dawn, brightness of the light eternal, sun of righteousness: come and enlighten those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death."

22nd of December ~ O Rex Gentium : O King of Nations

"O King of nations, and their desire, you are the cornerstone that binds two into one: come and save the creatures whom you have fashioned from clay."

23rd of December ~ O Emmanuel : O God-With-Us.

"O Emmanuel, our King and Lawgiver, the Desire of all nations and their Salvation: come and save us, O Lord our God."

To see the posting on making the ornaments for the 30th of November through to the 16th of December (and also 24th - 25th of December) click here.



6 comments:

Erin said...

Anne
This is brilliant!!! Finally I can see that we will achieve the OAntiphons this year!! I've always wanted to but could never find a house. This means I can.
I'm having trouble working out one detail, you have printed the pictures onto cardboard, but what is the coloured front surroundings?

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

O... my goodness! I love it. I never got into the house craft, but this one is wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Anne

Maria said...

Hi Ann :)

How are you? I was wondering, have you ever heard of the Seven Sorrows Rosary? Have you ever tried praying it? I wrote a post about it on my blog. When you get a chance, please come visit!

Thinking of you and praying for you and your lovely family!

Love,
Maria

Ruth said...

I love this, Anne!!!

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I love these! I'm going to feature them in my O Antiphons post on Dec 10. The altoid set is also too awesome not to go in my post. You do so much fun stuff! :-)

Sebastian said...

I love these ornaments. Super use of images and items that are available to bend ones mind to worship and reflection.