Sunday, September 2, 2007

We have been giggling together...


My husband and I have just been saying the rosary. About half way through, the phone rang and dh picked the phone and said, "Hail Mary."

Yes, I'll repeat that again....."Hail Mary."

Thank goodness it was my sister, she knows we're a bit nutty and out there and not exactly going to shock her. But it was a close call....someone else could have found out the truth about us!

So we continue on with the rosary and I start to giggle, I just can't help it....it could have been anyone on the line.

I said to dh, "It could have been your new employer."....giggle, giggle....."Or your friend who is an atheist you like to discuss theology with"....tee, hee, hee..."A telemarketer."....ha, ha....."Yes, one of those telemarketers from India."....ho, ho, ho..."What Mary's do we know?.. and thank goodness none rang!" and on it went.

Finally trying hard to compose ourselves but every few seconds one of us lets out a stifled snort or some other strange noise of suppression, or a high pitched giggle....

Because when you think about it "Hail Mary" IS a greeting, interestingly enough my sister was named in honor of Our Lady of Mt Carmel.

I am sure Our Lady was smiling too. I read somewhere once that Pere Lamy said that Mary laughed and it always seemed a strange thought to me for some reason but as my husband said to my questioning back then, "Well Our Lady is the happiest person in all creation."

5 comments:

Micki said...

At least the caller didn't respond....."Hail Caesar."

I'm still smiling for you. :-)

Ruth said...

That is too funny. I love it!

Marianne Elizabeth said...

I just love this! Way cute!...A greeting to Our Lady over the phone lines:)

Anne (aussieannie) said...

I'm glad you're all laughing with me, 'cause I'm still smiling at the thought of it!!

Jane Ramsey said...

LOL! :-)