Saturday, December 13, 2008

St Lucy's Lights Night!

Tonight we visited the lights, our yearly tradition on the feast day of St Lucy. We went with dear friends and visited a Catholic Church that hosts spectacular lights each year. St Gerard Magellan's Parish.
The nativity at the church...waiting patiently for the Christ Child to come.

Then we went on to the same street we usually visit each year.

Do you remember this scene from last year?

The children enjoyed themselves immensely with friends.

Do you remember this stone wall from last year? I had posed in front of it heavily pregnant with 'dear boy' in hand and so this year I've posed with 'dear boy' again - he's grown taller, my belly's grown smaller.

But here's the cherub I was carrying in utero last year, yet unknown.....what a blessing she is!

Happy feast day, may St Lucy bless you and your family!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Your baby is so precious, Anne!

Gloria said...

Thank you for posting the lovely pics of the lights down under. It is fun to see the telltale signs of how warm it is down there as opposed to the bundled little ones I'm used to associating with Christmas lights. I think it's a wonderful tradition to do the light loop on the feast of St. Lucy. I'd love to start it with my family this year; maybe if we're feeling better tonight. Your blog is so inspiring!

Joannof10 said...

What fun for a hot summer day! We had 10 inches of snow over the last two days...LOL
I gave you an award over at my blog.:-) because you are always such an inspiration!

Jessica Gordon said...

What a fun night!!

I DO remember those pictures from last year, and I can't believe it has been a YEAR already! Your baby is darling!!

Happy Santa Lucia Day!!